Wanna share something?
This, that and the other..
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Trying to stop smoking tobacco

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 am

tobacco.jpg
Meanwhile the planet earth whirls around and stuff, it's me trying to stop smoking tobacco.
My first goal is to be without smoking for 7 days. And if it gets hard for me to be without, I'll type how I feel here in this thread.
I have 5 packages of Pal Mal Blue in the closet. I have to not touch them for 7 days.
And I was thinking, that what to do when I badly want to smoke and thought that every time I'll be thinking about money.
I'm ready for the challenge! The less I think about it the better.

Anyway, I'd save about 150€ a month and that's pretty good carrot for a rabbit.
But hey, I'm trying tp prove myself that I have a free will.

Go! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :grin: :lol:

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Re: Trying to stop smoking tobacco

Post by Mihail Kosev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am

I was smoking 2 boxes cigarettes per day. From 15 years I smoke only 2-3 cigarettes per year.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 am

Mihail Kosev wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am
I was smoking 2 boxes cigarettes per day. From 15 years I smoke only 2-3 cigarettes per year.
That's awesome bro! Congrats!

I've been a heavy-smoker for years but now want to quit. The first day so far seems promising. :P

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Post by Mihail Kosev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am

Use medicines. I used one. Before that, I tried many methods (including electronic cigarettes).
Last edited by Mihail Kosev on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Mihail Kosev wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am
Use medicines. I used one. Before that, I tried many methods (include electronic cigarettes).
I just smoked one, after 8 and half hours without.
But then again, I should keep aiming to smoke as little as I can.
I have Nicorette chewing gum, never tried anything else.
My need to smoke sometimes seems to rely on my need to dump down my mind, with tobacco.
Sorry, not still strong enough to 100% quit yet. :|

Sweden
Hennesmann

Post by Hennesmann » Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am

Mate, its all about conviction.
My best tip for you is to get a date or a condition for when you are going to quit. And when you quit is going to be you becomming a non smoker.
Take your time, build the feeling of yourself as a non smoker in your mind and start yearn for it.
When you finally are ready and have decided to quit, then the act of quitting will be easier than ever.

But you really need conviction. This is what i did. I havent touched a cigarette since when i quit. I even forgot when it was, because its irrelevant to me now. Think it was 10 or so years ago.

But honestly. Take your time quitting and quit for real.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 am

Hennesmann wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am
Mate, its all about conviction.
My best tip for you is to get a date or a condition for when you are going to quit. And when you quit is going to be you becomming a non smoker.
Take your time, build the feeling of yourself as a non smoker in your mind and start yearn for it.
When you finally are ready and have decided to quit, then the act of quitting will be easier than ever.

But you really need conviction. This is what i did. I havent touched a cigarette since when i quit. I even forgot when it was, because its irrelevant to me now. Think it was 10 or so years ago.

But honestly. Take your time quitting and quit for real.
Thanks for your advice, yeah, well, it really would have it's benefits if I'd quit, i.e. saving about 150Euros a month and getting a better health. I really wouldn't want to get hospitalised. :P :?

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Keep at it bruv, I wish you luck. I'm trying to quit snus, it's damn hard too. I can't afford it, and I don't get much out of it, so it's really just pointless. Been cutting down lately though. The problem with snus is that you can have one wherever you are and almost while you do whatever. Makes it extra tricky.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm
Keep at it bruv, I wish you luck. I'm trying to quit snus, it's damn hard too. I can't afford it, and I don't get much out of it, so it's really just pointless. Been cutting down lately though. The problem with snus is that you can have one wherever you are and almost while you do whatever. Makes it extra tricky.
I still smoke like hell bruv.. And quess what, it seems like it won't be changing for me at this point. I think one should not starting to pretend and fool himself at least. You either smoke or quit, but all the pretending makes more harm than smoking itself.
I think my train already went for quitting tobacco.. :popcorn:

Are you still alive by the way - or just busy? :)

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Sorry for the way late reply. I'm alive, but lots of things are changing in my life right now. Gonna move to a new apartment in a couple of weeks and that has brought some stress (mostly about money). Also I've gotten a part time job at a warehouse, just trying to get through the days really. Today I went home early due to being super tired because of bad sleep yesterday. I've started feeling more depressed again which is not very nice (I'm bipolar type 2). I just hope I can manage to keep this job without feeling like shit.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 pm
Sorry for the way late reply. I'm alive, but lots of things are changing in my life right now. Gonna move to a new apartment in a couple of weeks and that has brought some stress (mostly about money). Also I've gotten a part time job at a warehouse, just trying to get through the days really. Today I went home early due to being super tired because of bad sleep yesterday. I've started feeling more depressed again which is not very nice (I'm bipolar type 2). I just hope I can manage to keep this job without feeling like shit.
Hello!

Well it's good to hear from you - hope you won't stress out too much.

My uncle is also a bipolar - and I've seen his highs but also lows. Hope you find a good vibe for your life though..

A new apartment and a new job eh? Well, that can be taken as a good thing too... If you need a friend though, you're welcome to pm me! :)

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks man. It sure goes up and down, but mostly down for me.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:34 pm
Thanks man. It sure goes up and down, but mostly down for me.
I wish you lots of :?§:
Don't let yourself down because if you were not rewarded by the shit people at least. :thumbup:

User avatar Belgium
Respoda

Post by Respoda » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:37 am

I smoked for 27 years straight. Mind you, I am now 39 years old, so I started at 12 years old and never stopped.

I quit some time ago though, and never looked back...I never miss a cigarette either, and never crave for it.
It is really easy too, when you realize something important about yourself, and your 'body'.

A simple realization is what pushed me over the edge and I just quit at that very moment. Immediately.

I meditate a lot, and have been actively working as to having my awareness and consciousness rise and expand.
I have long ago quit believing 'anything' uttered through the global media organ, because they always lie, and searched for my own truth. What came from that, and still is in the process of doing so, I cannot fully describe in words, but it is accompanied with some realizations about myself, my body, my awareness, and basically who we really are as human beings.

Simply put, but backed up by ten years of research into 'all' religions of this world, all 'mythologies' and cultural beliefs in this world since before antiquity, and all forms of 'science' in this world, simply put, your physical body is literally a 'universe', identical to the one you are currently 'living' within. In fact, backed up by the 'true' meaning of the religious message of 'Christ', your physical body and that of the universe itself are literally 'one and the same'. One is only a magnified mirrored reflection of the other. There is holography and fractal division involved into the matter (pun intended), whereby the atomic manifestation of your 'inner' self has been holographically and fractally 'mirrored' outside of your self, from a microcosm within you into a macrocosm outside of you.

The Sun and Earth, which we 'perceive' as far away outside of us and very large, is in fact something that exists on the atomic scale in the center of our heart. And that atomic 'center' is literally the 'same' one for everyone, it is also holographically mirrored through fractal division, iow duplicated within the center of each of our hearts. That center is identical for everyone. And that is the true message of what we call 'Christ'. It is not a person in itself, it is the unification of 'all' humans in body and awareness, because Christ is literally the body and consciousness of the universe itself. It is a physical 'body', which we all 'share' from very deep within it, and it has an awareness which we also all 'share' from very deep within it.

'Jesus' was a person who realized that he had 'Christ' aware within him, because he realized that his own awareness as a human being was a fractal duplicate of the awareness of Christ, within a physical body that was also a literal duplicate of that of Christ, and that it was the creation of 'everything there is'. The misconception about this 'Christ', and the false 'personification' of it into one single person, is what has veered Christians away from the actual truth encoded in their religious texts. Jesus and Christ were the 'same' person, but Christ 'can' be any and 'every' person, because every person has Christ within itself. But only those who realize it on a conscious level, can uplift themselves into the consciousness of Christ, by accepting his truth within one's self.

That truth is the truth about the universe, that it is literally your own body and awareness, which you currently 'perceive' from a LOWER dimensional perspective, beneath your true awareness, experiencing yourself from very deep within yourself.

This applies equally from 'all' human beings, because all human beings are in truth the SAME SINGLE human being. This is to be considered as 'literal' as possible, because all 'perception' of separation currently experienced is actually not real on the higher perspective of the universe itself. Within that universe, everything is truly 'united' as one single force, entity, awareness and body...though it is literally and ONLY our PERCEPTION that has shifted our awareness into believing what the BRAIN perceives outside of itself. Our outside 'reality' is only a 'holographic' extrapolation of light from a flat 2D holographic 'code' if you will into a 'HOLOGRAM'. All depth perceived is in truth false and non-existent. All you see in front of you has been literally placed as a flat sheet in front of you, standing straight up and against your awareness. All depth in going forward/backwards etc. is in truth a delusion of the mind. The mind is a holographic mirror if you will, and in truth only perceives what exists 'within' us on the atomic scale, but it POLARIZES it completely, meaning it turns it upside down, inside out, and inverts it in scale, literally. A very small sub-sub-atomic realm within us is turned inside out and into something very large and immeasurable outside of us.

I could go on and into even more detail about this, like how our solar system is literally an 'atom' existing within us, which we see every day outside of us, perceiving it from very deep and small within it, literally.
I could go on about how the Earth is a neutron spinning around the center of that atom, being the very 'center' of our current awareness within that very 'atom' in the center of our heart. This tells you where our 'true' awareness exists, and it is NOT within the mind or 'brain'...it is in the heart. Iow, your 'emotional' and intuitive self, your 'inner' self, is your true self, not the awareness in your brain. That part of you stops existing the moment you perish, but what lives in your heart now is what lives on forever. That is your 'eternal' self, and it can never ever die. Those emotions is what and who you 'really' are, and that is none other than Christ himself, and he is literally eternal and 'feels' forever. The 'fires' of hell are not literal, they are never 'seen' but only 'felt', which is why the metaphor of 'fire' is used in the religious story. It is about how it is 'felt', because beyond life, one 'can' only feel, sense, intuite, and basically guide itself only through what exists within the HEART in life, which is the only thing that remains in death...whatever is learned and remembered in the brain is useless in that darkness. All 'brain-focus' in this society and all things ofrced upon us in this current life, are all basically utterly wrong. They all go straight against our true nature, against our true selves in our heart...

I could go on about how the Sun shining on our face each day is our own 'inner' light in the center of our heart, the center of our consciousness, and we all simultaneously look out from within that atomic center within our own SINGLE body (the universe). Again, that is literally so...through 'falling' out from our higher awareness in our HEART into a lower perception in our brain called the EGO (!!!), we have been fooled into believing we are all 'separate' entities and 'persons', all 'individuals' within a 'universe' which is also separate from us and of a different 'nature' than ourselves...it is a lie, because there is literally only one real human being in this universe, and he is the universe itself. That is Christ who lives in all of us, and 'within' which we all live as well...That is who we 'all' are in truth and on that higher dimensional level of awareness...His consciousness though has 'fragmented' into the 7 billion people you are made 'aware' of today. In truth, all those people 'share' the SAME awareness within them and the SAME physical body around them, but they are fooled, by their own lower 'ego'-perception, that that isn't so, and all is to be considered as this 'ego' sees it: in separation and duality. The 'message' of Jesus then, was one where he tried to warn us of this ego perception and what it would ultimately lead to...unfortunately nobody, or hardly anyone, has truly listened to that message, and things like greed and power-craving have corrupted that message into something different from the actual truth. Such as the cross f.e. which says Father, Son, holy Spirit, Amen...is also an obvious corruption, because the 'Holy Trinity', which is the truth about the 'awareness' of the universe or Christ and thus our own awareness too, is that of a masculine half, the 'Father' who lives in our BRAIN (it is the uncorrupted part of your cognitive awareness in your brain, opposed to the corrupted lower ego in your brain), a feminine half, the 'Mother' who lives in our HEART, and a third coming forth from the combining of those two halves, which is the 'Son' who literally 'is' your physical body, whereby the 'Son' represents the body of matter in which the awareness of 'Father' and 'Mother' exist and manifest.

That Holy trinity is the truth of how your 'awareness' has been pulled apart into heart and brain, and then polarized against each other. The story of the garden of ‘Edin’ tells literally of how this had occurred with the body of Christ right after God ‘created’ him. Because Adam and Eve are again not ‘persons’ but metaphors for BRAIN and HEART inside the BODY OF CHRIST, which literally is that ‘garden’. They were the ‘unified’ awareness of Christ himself ‘inside’ that garden, which was his own body. Adam and Eve were eternally ‘married’, which signifies the eternal union of the awareness of Christ in heart and brain. The serpent who ‘invaded’ that garden or ‘body’ was/is what we currently call the EGO in our brain. It is what didn’t belong within the creation of that body in the beginning, and has invaded it, and has taken over the awareness and perception of ‘all’ human beings, ‘as’ it first had occurred with Christ himself. That serpent or ego invaded the awareness (and body) of Christ and tricked the heart into convincing the brain to take a bite from that apple. That ‘apple’ was something on the atomic scale and level, which had been ‘accepted’ within the brain of Christ, and as such, that would be accepted within every human being that would be born afterwards. AND as such indeed, every baby born gets immediately ‘influenced’ from outside itself to start perceiving the world outside of itself, and is literally ‘forced’ to start perceiving the world through its brain. Because at birth, a baby is as Christ was ‘in the beginning’, fully conscious within the heart and perceiving the ‘true’ world within the self from within his heart, instead of the outside world through his brain. The serpent is the outside influence from anyone interacting with that baby…and that influence, always coming from the EGO of those around that baby, is what ‘convinces’ that baby to start looking out from itself through its brain and mind. Get it? It is the 'same' serpent, the same outside influence, which had once convinced Christ, and afterwards 'all' human beings equally and ever since...That ego, that serpent, that 'influence', is what ‘shifts’ that baby’s awareness from an inner perception truly within itself, into an outer perception through its brain and eventually ALSO through that same EGO who perceives the world outside of the self in separation. While the baby when born is the one who sees the actual truth of its own creation ‘within’. Everything the ego sees is again, nothing but a hologram, which is an ‘empty’ extrapolation of matter through light. The matter we behold is actually literally ‘EMPTY’, where even science admits that all matter only contains 0.000001% mass in its ‘center’ or nucleus and in the center of its particles. The rest, 99.9999% of it, is literally empty void. That is simply because it is all just a hologram. And it is REALLY a hologram because it is just a mirror reflection of what actually exists within us on a sub-atomic scale...Like in a real 'mirror reflection, the light is 'empty' matter...reflecting the light bouncing off of real matter, not outside of us but within us...the brain, and its 5 senses more specifically, act as the mirror which 'polarizes' that light from within to without and from something very small into something very big and 'resolved'..., The universe we see is the same thing as the sub-atomic body within…it is the ‘same’ empty void with only 0.00001% mass and thus ‘matter’ in it, the rest is dark empty void in between those ‘centers’ of matter. Iow, and again, the stars you see outside of you are literally the atoms existing within you, shining their tiny light out from their center within the dark void of your own physical ‘self’.

I could go on and on….but to cut this short, just realize that when you smoke or do ‘anything’ damaging to your own body (or awareness for that matter), you literally damage the entire universe, because that universe is your own body on the sub-atomic scale it is to be truly considered.

Realizing this, and actually feeling that truth within, is what made me quit there and then, no matter how long I’ve been doing that wrong before…Nobody in its ‘conscious’ mind and heart, can even consider damaging ‘everything’ there is through such a foolish act…

Because that includes damaging everyone and everything alive in that universe, the entire Earth and its whole ‘nature’, and so much else which we cannot even imagine at this point…

Realizing that this universe is actually the precious and fragile body of one’s self, anyone with a righteous intent would simply redeem itself and that whole universe by CHOOSING to stop damaging that ‘creation’.

Usually people smoke because they never realize any of those principles and truths. Unless someone comes by to teach them of such realizations, they tend to continue making the same mistakes.

And ultimately, in helping, or trying to help others, we always equally help ourselves, because we are in truth all the same person, each and every one of us. No matter how different our ‘mind’ would ‘think’ we all are, we are literally all one single awareness within a single body which we currently perceive as a ‘universe’ around us. Accepting THAT truth, is partially accepting Christ within you, and it involves something much more spiritual and much more uplifting then whatever crap the Vatican would force you to believe. The truth is VERY simple, because it always checks out without the need for outside ‘proof’, as these truths are not so much ‘told’ about or cognitively expressed, as much as being internally FELT and experienced on the emotional level instead.

So again, when realizing ‘what’ you are actually slowly destroying and killing, are you really sure you would want to continue doing it ? It is a simple choice, BUT once realizing the truth behind it, it becomes a very ‘conscious’ choice, and whatever consequences of that choice must be carried through. If it is ‘stress’ you are worried about which would prevent you from BELIEVING you can EASILY quit, pls do not worry about that. Because all the ‘cortisol’ you might have inside you now, IS literally caused BY the cigarettes you smoke. When you stop smoking them, after a few weeks, a month tops, those cortisol levels WILL DRASTICALLY DROP and you will actually FEEL the stress LEAVING your body. Eventually you WILL feel renewed, and a lot better and more relaxed than you EVER were when you did smoke. Combine it with exercise or sport and you're gonna feel reborn after a while.

My friend, you are a human being, which means you are so much MORE than what your mind currently forces you to believe. Smoking is beneath you, and it is basically an act coming forth from the ‘ego’ in you, which is NOT a natural part of you. You can easily stop letting it indulge in such things through your awareness, by choosing not to let it. You are in truth so strong within yourself, that quitting this ridiculous addiction is as easy as blinking your eyes. It is your ‘ego’ though which convinces you of the lie that you are too weak to handle a potential drawback, or whatever limitations it might force you to believe of yourself. Believe that you are an eternal being currently experiencing itself on a ‘physical’ level which forces you to perceive yourself from way below and beneath yourself. It is for this ‘humiliating’ experience that you agreed to ‘fall’ into this existence. Now you are tasked to make your way back out from it. That starts with leaving behind the things that directly damage and/or negatively afflict you. Smoking tobacco is one of the ‘top’ entries in that list.

I hope this can give you some incentive, some motivation, and some truth and realization about yourself. I hope it can make you realize how trivial and childish the act of smoking tobacco really is. Plus, know that it is an act of your lower ego, who is not ‘you’ by nature, but a part within you that has invaded your awareness and must be gradually banished back out from it. When you smoke, you let the ego think of itself and its own ‘pleasure’ all the time…when you quit smoking, you ‘choose’ to block that ego from thinking of its own pleasure all the time, and through the realization of the self as the universe itself, one can start ‘consciously’ contemplating all others ‘above’ one’s self, which you can then ‘affirm’ through the act of not smoking and thus ‘not’ damaging all others through your own smoking…get it ?

The love we have within ourselves is so unconditional and eternal, that when finally truly reawoken within all of us, what has once been described as the ‘kingdom of Heaven’ would manifest here on Earth. It has been sleeping for such a long time though, that nobody still remembers what truly (still) lives within our hearts…Only a tiny fraction of that love within yourself, can be used to easily overcome this silly addiction that is really destroying you from within. And if you let it, it definitely will…don’t let that happen, you are too important for that.

:love it:
####### Music is expression. Expression spurs creation. Creation equals life. ######## #########################################################################################
## Your life is a musical expression of creation, life's exposé of matching sounds, ##
############################### all rushing to be heard ################################

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Thanks Respoda for your input. A long read.. but I think it contained lots of stuff I can agree with you.

We are 'the same' in that concept indeed i.e. We are a massive modular system and thus should respect to not harm it in any way. We can build technology and keep using it in a right way though. But yeah, it has been partly proved that f***ing up something small can affect everything else in a big way. :shock:

Anyway, I'm still smoking tobacco, but a lot less than before. :8)I:

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:42 pm

So how goes it with the non smoking life? Still on the snus, but I've cut down a lot.