Reason 11 Announced This Week?

Discuss Reason, ask or give help, or just say anything related to Reason.
User avatar Great Britain
WildernessVoid

Reason 11 Announced This Week?

Post by WildernessVoid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:54 am

Hi All!

Who thinks Reason 11 will be announced this week?

I do.

Thanks!

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Reason 11 Announced This Week?

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:42 am

I truly hope so. It would make sense for the Props to get it baked before the Christmas. :grin:
And I think they need to gain some bigger amount of income to run the business.

Any hunch about the possible features?

By the way: Welcome to the Reasonheads Forums! :party1: :party2:

WildernessVoid

Post by WildernessVoid » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:20 pm

Thanks and yeah I'd expect it before Christmas lol!

I don't mind waiting till September for it's release (announced in a couple of weeks) if their intention is to make it the best update ever with tons of workflow improvements. Studio One just had an update with 70 features.

Hunches, hmmm, well, the only one I have is (I've got a very strong suspicion / feeling) there will be a Combinator update or Combinator 2.

What I would like to see:-

A significantly improved (feature-wise) midi editor. Main ones for me - midi chase, see what midi controller key you're pressing, colouring notes, mute / unmute notes, note displays, slice by grid, join notes, remember last note length, move / nudge notes by time (not just snap), keyboard shortcut to send notes up / down an octave and beginning / end of a clip using the arrows (yes I know you can type it in but a shortcut is faster) and a preference to have notes automatically shorten with the clip. Oh and take those arrows off the notes until you get to either end of the note (when you would want to move them) as they get in the way and make the midi editor look messy. I have a few more here but they're the main ones.

Audio improvements - Bounce to mono, bounce in place multiple tracks as one (consolidate) and mono options for bounce in place, auto crossfading of audio in the sequencer, punch in/out, tempo detect of audio, fit to tempo (from FL Studio), audio file information (in the menu when you right click an audio clip), more options for the fade in/out lines (multiple points like automation and curves, possibly saveable / loadable), audio to midi and pitch correction in polyphonic, auditioning of audio clips in the sequencer using the speaker icon or I key, auto silencing and deleting audio clip parts whilst in audio quantize mode.

I've just shortened this thread as it was long winded. Those midi and audio features would be my main wants but for workflow, these would be my main wants:-

Cloning clips.
Track Freeze.
Time Markers.
Sync'ing Browsers and Windows on the fly.
Manual Parameter Inputs with Copy and Paste.
More colours and to be able to choose (say 20) your default clip colours for audio and midi clips in the preferences.
More Themes, themes affect the mixer option and no restart required.
Better navigation around the sequencer and losing focus all the time when clicking in / out of clips.
Better browser searching with tags etc and a refresh button for folders.
An Undo Events List with an option to save the undo list with the project and possibly "Destructible Undo's Only" option?
Mixer - Up the send effects slots to 10, a way of quickly changing the order of the send effects, collapsible sub-groups, separaters and a bypass all effects button for each channel. I would also like to see more band parameters added to the EQ section (8-10) and a steeper roll off for the filters.
VST - VST 3 support, Midi VST support, Multi-Out for VST and Scanning for VST's whilst Reason is still open.

Those are my main wants.

Icing on the cake:- Thor 2 and NN-XT 2.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:18 pm

That was for sure a big list, hehe. I agree that there are lots of features missing. But I also am a bit worried, that Reason becomes a big feature mess. So when we'd right click on stuff we'd see those black texts on a white and would need to scroll like hell. I think we should get a "pin your most used features" so those would appear at the top of the lists. Anyway, we all hate that yucky yellow though, agreed! By the way, I will be making a list about my top DEMANDINGS too!

WildernessVoid

Post by WildernessVoid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:50 am

Heigen5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:18 pm
That was for sure a big list, hehe. I agree that there are lots of features missing. But I also am a bit worried, that Reason becomes a big feature mess. So when we'd right click on stuff we'd see those black texts on a white and would need to scroll like hell. I think we should get a "pin your most used features" so those would appear at the top of the lists. Anyway, we all hate that yucky yellow though, agreed! By the way, I will be making a list about my top DEMANDINGS too!
Can't wait to hear them. 😊

WildernessVoid

Post by WildernessVoid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:49 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:18 pm

WildernessVoid

Post by WildernessVoid » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:10 pm

There are ways to implement without having big menu's I think. Punch in/out would just be a 3rd set of markers that you brought up using a keyboard shortcut and auto-crossfading would just be the way clips worked, same with curved automation, it's be just the way the automation worked.

The time markers could be added by clicking an icon at the top of the tracks where track parameter automation and create pattern lane are.

The midi editing wouldn't alter anything menu-wise, neither would the pitch correction and audio to midi in polyphonic.

Track freeze could be in the menu when you right click a track and consolidating clips could be in the bounce in place menu, sync browsers and windows in the preferences.

Cloning Clips could be a button on the left of the track lanes where the record button and input monitoring icons are (so per track applied) and an undo events list could be contained in the browser.

I don't think it'd become too cluttered.

WildernessVoid

Post by WildernessVoid » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:43 pm

There's not enough traffic on this site.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:23 am

WildernessVoid wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:43 pm
There's not enough traffic on this site.
Patience brother, this site is about 4 months old. If everyone would start using this place (even a little bit), then we could get some buzz here. Everyone should start lots of new discussions, that way we have some themes up to discuss about of.