A Live / Dj Mixer

Suggest Your Reason Suggestions Here Please!
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

A Live / Dj Mixer

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:26 pm

Hi, how about a Live / Dj Mixer when pressing F9 from your keyboard?

This mixer would be designed for the live performance / Dj:ing purpose.

Over the very top, there should be a mixing console, with all the common Dj functions.

And below that, a list of your preferred tracks you want to live mix, control and play.

We'd just need to decide, that what kind of tracks we'd want to mirror there from the track-list. Then we'd add some FX's, mute/solo, synced & motorized automations - to be ready for Dj:ing. All the buttons and knobs in the this mode, could be recorded too.

And we should be able to get a maximum remote control support, so it would be easy to use the midi-controllers for this.
We'd also need virtual Dj-devices, so we could map all the Redrum channels (as example) and add a NAME of all the 10 slots. We could then have C2 - Lazer as a name and know that C2 triggers a Lazer.

Also, how about a poor-skill button too, so when you have it on, it fixes the bad timings or doesn't let you press an E-key, i.e. wrong notes.

I would imagine that I'd be able to load wav-files (like in the real Dj consoles as well) and then add some midi tracks in there, so I could play synths or trigger ReDrum samples etc.

Basically taken, by pressing F9 - it'd open a Dj / Live mode, so we could perform live.
I think that because we can record everything in that mode, you could send the automation data into the ordinary sequencer too.. but would be hidden in there, to not clutter things up.

To save CPU, it would not be on before you decide to have so...

:djparty: :dj: :dj2: :dance: