needlessly complicated

The guests can post here without a need to Register.
Practice your freedom of speech here .
Mostly un-moderated.
?
User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

needlessly complicated

Post by DollarBill » Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 am

For no good reason, I challenged myself to come up with something that seems complex, but it all stems from just 2 simple single-note midi tracks. There's never more than one bass note and one melody note generated, but with some tricky clocking and signal manipulation and slew limiting, well, it's not the most complex thing ever but it sounds like more than just 2 notes max at once anyway.

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Re: needlessly complicated

Post by Ashley » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:17 am

Your setup looks like mission control haha! very cool sounds, your modular noodle is sounding like proper songs. This track is up there as my most fav from you, I really do like this! Have a great festive break and all the best $Bill! :thumbup2: :bueno: :clapping:
These users thanked the author Ashley for the post:
DollarBill

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:10 am

Nice characterous sounds, hypnotive and some cool melody lines during all the song.
I've also bought a discolamp, I guess you have all kinds of em all over your place.
Glad to see you around again. I'm a bit off with my mood to get in the mood to make ish.
But I've planned to start making 4-tracked EPs in series soonish. Hope you all the best, keep making your dope stuff bro! :8=8:
These users thanked the author Heigen5 for the post:
DollarBill

United States of America
xchak

Post by xchak » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:45 am

DollarBill wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:38 am
For no good reason, I challenged myself to come up with something that seems complex, but it all stems from just 2 simple single-note midi tracks. There's never more than one bass note and one melody note generated, but with some tricky clocking and signal manipulation and slew limiting, well, it's not the most complex thing ever but it sounds like more than just 2 notes max at once anyway.

always good to be trying to make new sounds/ break some boundaries/ etc. etc Good job! :grin:
These users thanked the author xchak for the post:
DollarBill

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:16 am

Thanks all, I semi-forgot I posted this, between the holidays and a little illness. I appreciate the ears and encouragement, even if I am a little slow to respond.