Stopping tobacco support thread

The guests can post here without a need to Register.
Practice your freedom of speech here .
Mostly un-moderated.
?
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Stopping tobacco support thread

Post by Heigen5 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:18 am

smoking_the_end.jpg

Ok, this won't be easy, but I think I want and need to do this, i.e. stopping smoking tobacco. And actually I've been going through lots and lots of battles inside me, to get me quitting. For many times I've refused to buy more tobacco, but a day after, I've already given up and started to smoke again. Right now, I'm sitting behind my desktop computer and building up strategies to be able to quit.

Nicotine is actually a really big bastard, that isn't an easy drug regarding addiction amount. It is very addictive and everyone should be aware of it, when trying to quit it. Also, when one wants to quit tobacco, you should not change your usual awarness at all.
You should keep everything as it's been, but just not smoke.

Anyway, I spend like 180€ every month for tobacco. Expensive indeed!
And of course, my health suffers from it too. And it's very annoying to be dependent from it.

Anyway, I'm gonna write how I'm doing, while being clean. My idea is to post my thoughts, if it gets hard for me on this journey.
But I am stronger than ever to be able to do this and having more will than ever for to quit.
These users thanked the author Heigen5 for the post:
Ifunkus

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Re: Stopping tobacco support thread

Post by Ashley » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:53 am

This is really great to hear Heikks. I have never smoked anything only IV'd drugs of dependence, such as ICE and Heroin. I have been clean for 4 years now. I don't know about addiction with regards to smoking but I assume its really hard to quite too. Maybe try replacing it with something else, instead of having a smoke, do something you like doing and something you get equally as much enjoyment out of. Best of luck to you and yes keep us updated with how you go! You've got this! :thumbup2:

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:25 am

I absolutely can't relate as I've never smoked a single anything in my life, but I do support you.

User avatar Zambia
Trobador222

Post by Trobador222 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:43 am

I've been a heavy smoker for 45 years. It's taken into my 60s to really hurt me. I have to hump up to 3000 lb pallets out of the truck when I deliver to the ships on the west coast. I can still one hand the 1500 lb ones but those 3000 lb ones are killing me. I've always been an incredibly strong man. But now at 62, the smoking is taking its toll. It killed my father.

I have this mental thing, because I have always done dangerous work. I just drove through an ice storm two months ago in a huge truck and passed 15 wrecked trucks. Some of the wrecks were not survivable. My brain tells me, "well, this is going to kill me, so I if I am going to die, I want to die doing something I enjoy". So I light up a cigarette and say "Fuck you, kill me now!". And I go on. When I used to do the land surveying work, when I was young, I literally had to kill alligators with a machete that were trying to kill me. Then I would light up a smoke and relax and laugh because the fuckers did not kill me today.

Then I would go hang out in biker bars and smoke more and laugh more plus drink more than most people could drink.

Heh, I used to tell people not to try and out drink me and no one could, but they would try and pass out, and I would laugh more and smoke more.

I dont drink nearly as much but I still smoke 2 packs a day.

But when I die, I will probably be going down a mountain pass in the ice and some idiot who does not know how to drive on ice and going way to fast will probably hit me and run me off the side of the mountain and I will probably have a cigarette in my mouth at the time.

User avatar Virgin Islands (USA)
Ifunkus

Post by Ifunkus » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:11 pm

I've smoked for 35 years now. And would love to stop. But I enjoy it. My dad also died of lung cancer. Smokes killed him, he was 67 years old.

I wish you well on you challenges and hope you are successful pal :grin:

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:05 pm

If you wonder why I haven't reported back on this, then yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have still been smoking and I think I'll not fight this anymore. I think I'll keep smoking and just do it it in a style. I enjoy smoking and like my cigs when I stream my music. If one can't quit then you just do it and not fight it. Losers! Haha! :8)I: