Hello again!

The guests can post here without a need to Register.
Practice your freedom of speech here .
Mostly un-moderated.
?
United States of America
Argle

Hello again!

Post by Argle » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:05 am

Yes, another blast from the distant past! It's literally taken me a year and a half to even see that Deep 'n' Dark messaged me on KVR Audio about this place, lol. I see a few familiar names here... to be honest this is a tad surreal since the Soundclick Garbage Can forum is such a long-finished chapter of my life. It sounds a bit dopey but I genuinely have nostalgia about that mid- to late-2000s era of the internet. And the Garbage Can was a large part of that with its unhinged stupidity. It feels like most of the forums I was a part of slowly all died at the same time, people moved on with their lives, and Reddit doesn't really capture the same vibe as "vintage" forums (fora?). To be honest I don't hang out on message boards anymore but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I hope everyone has been doing well... particularly in the bonkers state of the world lately.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Hello again!

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Holy shit, Argle!! :dance: :dancer: :dancing:

Well yeah, I sent that message when I sent it to all the others too, and because I didn't find your old personal webpage anymore, I thought to send it via the KVR. Almost all the peeps have an account here that were part of the SC GB, even Krishak and Wushu and Godomy, Dane, Adam Fielding etc.

Welcome back bro, anyway, feel free check us out, when you miss some of the ol' GB peeps.
By the way, I wanted to move on with the deep'n'dark alias, that's why I don't have it as a name here and some other places.

So dude, how's it hanging? Still making music? :grin:

User avatar United States of America
Godomy2

Post by Godomy2 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:07 pm

Gargle
Beagle

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:09 pm

:troll_face:

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:11 pm

Hey there Arg!

I'm always slow with the forums, but sort of know how you feel. My only other vintage forum that still exists and I'm active in is Fark.com, which was where I heard about Soundclick in the first bloody place.

User avatar Zambia
Trobador222

Post by Trobador222 » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 am

Argle! Good to hear from you!

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:37 am

A good little community here. :)

Christmas Island
Mr. Marty

Post by Mr. Marty » Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:23 pm

Howdy ya old fart........

United States of America
Argle

Post by Argle » Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:18 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:43 pm

Well yeah, I sent that message when I sent it to all the others too, and because I didn't find your old personal webpage anymore, I thought to send it via the KVR. Almost all the peeps have an account here that were part of the SC GB, even Krishak and Wushu and Godomy, Dane, Adam Fielding etc.

Welcome back bro, anyway, feel free check us out, when you miss some of the ol' GB peeps.
By the way, I wanted to move on with the deep'n'dark alias, that's why I don't have it as a name here and some other places.

It's going ok with me! To be honest I don't make much music anymore. I'd prefer to think of it as an extended hiatus rather than I'm permanently done. But just not very inspired these days. I've gotten into woodworking/making in the last few years and that's where my creative juices are going.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:14 pm

Argle wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:18 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

It's going ok with me! To be honest I don't make much music anymore. I'd prefer to think of it as an extended hiatus rather than I'm permanently done. But just not very inspired these days. I've gotten into woodworking/making in the last few years and that's where my creative juices are going.
Woodwork? Yeah, might be nice. Do you still use Sonar?

United States of America
Argle

Post by Argle » Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:14 pm
Argle wrote:
Heigen5 wrote:

Nah I've used Reaper for over a decade.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:15 am

Argle wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm
Heigen5 wrote:
Argle wrote:

Ok. I have it installed too. I wanted to try out the Reason's Rack Plugin and I chose Reaper. Tbh, it is pretty nice DAW. Even though I prefer using Reason as a standalone still. Do you have any music on the nets, I remember you had some serious talent back in the days. :)

United States of America
Argle

Post by Argle » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:15 am
Argle wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

Ok. I have it installed too. I wanted to try out the Reason's Rack Plugin and I chose Reaper. Tbh, it is pretty nice DAW. Even though I prefer using Reason as a standalone still. Do you have any music on the nets, I remember you had some serious talent back in the days. :)
The only music I have is a Youtube channel with a few songs on it, and my Overclocked Remix page contains most of my game arrangements. The original stuff I had in the past is not online anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBbp2n ... p7HGwg9PPA

https://ocremix.org/artist/12541/argle

User avatar Virgin Islands (USA)
Ifunkus

Post by Ifunkus » Sun Sep 11, 2022 12:59 am

Hey Argle💪🤘🥰