Tune - Everything is Totally 100% Fine

The guests can post here without a need to Register.
Practice your freedom of speech here .
Mostly un-moderated.
?
User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Tune - Everything is Totally 100% Fine

Post by DollarBill » Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 am

Well, since I decided to try and make a few actual tunes this year using the modular synth instead of just live experiments, thought I'd share my first attempt.

These users thanked the author DollarBill for the post (total 2):
Heigen5, Lasagna Pirate

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Re: Tune - Everything is Totally 100% Fine

Post by Ashley » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:29 am

This is very cool, it almost sounds like some kind of synth distorted guitar. Great beat and breakdown parts. I like the addition of the Arturia parts too, well done $Bill!! :)

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:22 am

Thanks for watching!

That particular Arturia keyboard model is purely a controller - it makes no audio of its own, just voltages to control the modular synths. All the sounds here are 100% from the modular hardware boxes.

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:55 am

That's awesome, I have no idea how you do all that, such great creativity and it actually sounds like a proper structured song, great stuff indeed!!
These users thanked the author Ashley for the post:
DollarBill

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:27 pm

Yo Bill, very feckin ace tune! :slay2: :slayer2:

Well this style reminds me about the golden age electronic stuff. It's like something inbetween the Prodigy and Hybrid.
Lots of nice n dirty sounds, cool lead-synth with the Arturia, loved the moogish sounding synthbass too.
This is exactly what I wanted and hoped you to do, a full track! Anyway, a wicked tune!

:respect:
These users thanked the author Heigen5 for the post:
DollarBill

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:27 pm

Well this style reminds me about the golden age electronic stuff. It's like something inbetween the Prodigy and Hybrid.
Lots of nice n dirty sounds, cool lead-synth with the Arturia, loved the moogish sounding synthbass too.
This is exactly what I wanted and hoped you to do, a full track! Anyway, a wicked tune!

Glad it works, esp since you gave me the push I needed to stop with the "done in one" tracks and try assembling something more polished. I'm sure I'll still do some quick distraction patches, but now that someone on another forum insulted me with "this sounds like what robots fuck to", I have a great project title of "music for robots to make love to" or something like that. :lol:

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 pm

DollarBill wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

Glad it works, esp since you gave me the push I needed to stop with the "done in one" tracks and try assembling something more polished. I'm sure I'll still do some quick distraction patches, but now that someone on another forum insulted me with "this sounds like what robots fuck to", I have a great project title of "music for robots to make love to" or something like that. :lol:
Well, I think that you could use distortion on some of the sounds but not all of them. Or just a bit less in the dry/wet manner maybe.
Anyway, the structure was spot on in this tune. How about a tune where you add some vox too? Either fx'ed or just few lines here n there? :8)I:
These users thanked the author Heigen5 for the post:
DollarBill

User avatar Aruba
DollarBill

Post by DollarBill » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:38 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:58 pm
DollarBill wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:50 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

Well, I think that you could use distortion on some of the sounds but not all of them. Or just a bit less in the dry/wet manner maybe.
Anyway, the structure was spot on in this tune. How about a tune where you add some vox too? Either fx'ed or just few lines here n there? :8)I:
I only added one distortion effect that wasn't in a module - a little Decapitator on the kick, was trying to keep this one nearly purely modular without relying on the DAW for sculting sounds other than mixing levels. I'll probably be less of a "purist" as this project progresses. Vocals? Eh... every time I do vocals I regret it, and even my speaking voice is rough these days (and not in a cool-sounding way) thanks to lung damage.