Kinetic Tides

The guests can post here without a need to Register.
Practice your freedom of speech here .
Mostly un-moderated.
?
User avatar Zambia
Trobador222

Kinetic Tides

Post by Trobador222 » Sun May 02, 2021 2:00 pm

User avatar Trinidad & Tobago
Mr. Marty

Re: Kinetic Tides

Post by Mr. Marty » Sun May 02, 2021 7:42 pm

I thought that was real mandolin at first. Wnat a nice bass line. Needs a break or two off the beat. Perhaps a key change too.
What pad is that in the background. I like it.

User avatar Zambia
Trobador222

Post by Trobador222 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:24 am

That is two pads, alternating to each side. Cant tell you the specific name, but they were both in Alchemy, which is the biggest synth in Logic. None of the synths I used were actually a string synth. Just various generic lead synths. Logic has a neat Step FX effect. Those are whole notes and the effect, makes the rhythmic vibe. It also caused it to sound like a mandolin. The bass is from one of the packs that I really like the sound of everything it has. It's called Sculpture and everything has a great rich tone. The bass is called Fingered Electric Double Bass.

User avatar Australia
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Tue May 04, 2021 5:33 am

Wow, how cool is this, I love what you have done here, sounds awesome. those pads and kick-drum / bass is so well done.
thanks for sharing!!
These users thanked the author Ashley for the post:
Trobador222

User avatar Zambia
Trobador222

Post by Trobador222 » Tue May 04, 2021 6:59 am

Ashley wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:33 am
Wow, how cool is this, I love what you have done here, sounds awesome. those pads and kick-drum / bass is so well done.
thanks for sharing!!

Thank you! That kick is on one side and a simple tom on the other. I read a thing just a while back that most people's ears can only discern wide, mid and center panning. So that is what I have been doing with the last few tracks and doing the simple drum/percussion parts to wide left and right. I did the pads to mid and did bass and lead to middle. The one allowance I have been making is panning the bass and leads just a hair off center either way. I also went back to my tired and true mix/master settings I used to use in FL Studios. Just a high and low cut on EQ and then a master preset setting on the Logic Multi presser and then a simple stereo separation. I'm usually only using a few synths so that seems to always work best. I tired using some of the presets for the mix/master and it just never worked out. I usually use the "Hip Hop" multicompresser setting, just because that seems to work best for what I am doing. I do use a narrow pan right and left for the bass/lead parts. I am talking about really narrow though. With the high and low EQ cuts, that just seems to work.

User avatar Australia
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Tue May 04, 2021 9:16 am

Sounds like a great technique, I have to remember that!!