This, that and the other..
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Trying to stop smoking tobacco

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:51 pm
Had a pause in the snusing for about 1,5 months, didn't buy anything myself, but still got some snus from friends. Then I got temporarily laid off from work (I still am) and fell for the temptation to buy snus. So, back on it I guess.
Nice to see you here again. Well yeah, quitting ain't easy - that's a fact. I think that a more realistic goal would lessen smoking instead of quitting it all. And also going for a jog to balance your heath. It seems I am always starting to want to quit when I'm out of money. :8)I:

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:06 pm

Haha, yeah. It does cost a lot of money. Speaking of exercise, I helped a friend with carrying lots of shit down some stairs, out in the sun, then into an elevator in another building yesterday. Phew, it was hot! Summer vibes coming to Oslo. Afterwards we got pizza and smoked some joints and listened to his collection of 7" reggae records. He's going to sell them and I can get a good price, if only I had the money.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:57 am

20210207_connection_lost.jpg
I have got a new idea how to quit. I simply need to end the connection between me and the tobacco, as if I check my system and ask myself, if to smoke or not, I mostly always do. So ending the connection/relationship to tobacco seems the only possibility for me. :hmm:

User avatar Iran
Ashley

Post by Ashley » Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Keep at it Heikki I'm sure you will get there. I can't offer much words of wisdom or magical cures myself..

I tried smoking - never liked it
I tried cannabis - knew I would never like it, and I was right.
I've Injected Heroin, liked it, never came dependent and stopped suddenly - suboxone side-effects were terrible - never re took it up
I've injected ICE Meth-amphetamine, liked it, never got dependent also stopped suddenly.
I've injected Ketamine, really don't like it.
Party Drugs MDMA, Ecstasy, has it's moments, never got dependent.
Speed I have done too - I think I've done like every drug there is and every combination haha.
--
I have a beer-Jack Daniels in the afternoons / evenings, I do enjoy that and have always had some beer and such to unwind after a big day at work - with computers. I have a happy hour 4-6PM most nights after work especially on Thursdays and Friday nights.

The reason why I'm not addicted, even after heavy use of all these, is why I don't have any answers to help anybody.
All I can say is be determined and make your goals realistic. lots of little wins will pay off!! Your doing so well Heikki!! :party1:

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:04 pm

Well yea.. I've been able to drop 2/3 of my drinking already. Trying to become a Sunday smoker too. One reason to lessen these is money. But also health. I used to be a weed-smoker, but nowdays I only smoke tobacco and drink beer. That's already a big change.
I have tried some different drugs too, but never become addicted either. LSD was on of them. Phew, these were pretty wild and ruff days.

Anyway, thanks for supporting my path. :)