Tracker beats

Softwares other than Reason
User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Tracker beats

Post by Paralytik » Thu May 21, 2020 6:29 pm

Quoting this from another thread so people can find it.
Paralytik wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:51 pm
I've been a bit more creative lately, but not because of the lockdown. My main PC is not rigged in the new room yet, so I've been starting to use Fasttracker II, or more specifically a modern clone of it that works on modern systems (the original software was released in 1994). Going back to trackers is pretty fun because it is so limiting.

Here are some tunes I've made with it.

Here are some new small things I've made in FT2.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Tracker beats

Post by Heigen5 » Sat May 30, 2020 3:03 pm

Breaksy: Nice knocking bassdrum and the thrilling snare switcing it's pitch. A techy breaks?

Shallow: Electronic reggae? A nice groove and bassline. The rhythm snaps nicely in this. Very clean sound - that seems to be a big challenge for me in Reason.

Sunny Balcony: Ah, some more game music. Fecking ace attitude in this. Dymaically big sound.

Cut The Grass: An oldschoolish hiphop beat. The vox sounds like "Ei Oo" which means "It's Not" in the Finnsih LOL!

Shallow 2: A chiptune version of Shallow I assume. I have a question that how much you program versus playing/recording via your midi-keyboard?

Anyway, keep it up! :cool_4:

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:19 am

All of them were made with Fasttracker 2. Everything is programmed, note for note (some places I used the note retrig effect parameter to glitch it out). There are no delay or reverb effects (apart from volume envelope), so everything that sounds like delay is manually placed notes with lower volume. Some things were sampled with reverb on it. Shallow 2 is its own song, just with more chippy sounds instead of sampled guitar like in Shallow.

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:22 am

And in Cut The Grass it's a sample of my friend saying Ey Yo, hehe.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:11 pm

Alright (sorry for the late reply).

I used to always program my stuff til I bought a midi-keyboard in 2006.
I have taken some piano lessons when I was a kid. And also I've been practicing since 8 years old by my own too.

Playing in notes with a keyboard is a lot quicker, but programming makes it possible to do stuff you can't play.
So yeah, both methods have their strong strengths. :confused3: