Is it possible to disable sync on a specific Reason instance inside Ableton ?

Discuss Reason, ask or give help, or just say anything related to Reason.
United States of America
swift807

Is it possible to disable sync on a specific Reason instance inside Ableton ?

Post by swift807 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:52 am

Hi everyone.
Is it possible to disable sync on a specific Reason instance inside Ableton ? Similar to how some drum machine vsti's have an option to follow the host or not. When using the Reason's Bassline Generator, it behaves differently when Ableton is playing vs not playing. When Ableton is NOT playing, I'm able to trigger the BG pattern very accurately. It respond in real-time when I press a key or release a key on my controller. For example if particular pattern has a note on the first beat followed by the rest of the pattern, I'm able to tap my controller really fast and it triggers that first note perfectly in real-time. (BG trigger is set to "Key" left of the Run button). The snag is when Ableton is playing and I tap my controller, it doesn't respond to my playing like before, as if it's quantizing my input. I'm trying to trigger the BG pattern similar to how you would trigger a sample. Is there a hidden feature or work around to where I can have ableton running but have BG behave as if Ableton is not running?
Thanks!