Can someone help locate these Synths?

Discuss Reason, ask or give help, or just say anything related to Reason.
United States of America
Mr. FO1

Can someone help locate these Synths?

Post by Mr. FO1 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:40 am

Hello everyone!

I’m in need of some HELP!

I'm trying to find the exact synth presets used for the music of the 2002 video game Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly. I contacted the composer & was told that Reason synths were used from Reason 2.0. However, I’ve never been able to find the exact synth presets he used. I believe it may be the Subtractor but I don't know for certain if anything matches. I need someone who is incredibly well versed and knowledgable with the Subtractor/Malstrom particularly from Reason 2.0.

Here's a link to the tracks I'm referring to, does anyone recognize any of the synth sounds used in these tracks?

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I thought here would be the perfect place to ask this. - Mr. FO1

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Can someone help locate these Synths?

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:52 pm

Hi there! If you want the exact synths for it, why not asking the company who made that game or finding the composer's email address, for to ask them? And welcome to the forums! 8-)

And yeah, very deeep n cool soundtrack!

United States of America
Mr. FO1

Post by Mr. FO1 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm

Heigen5 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:52 pm
Hi there! If you want the exact synths for it, why not asking the company who made that game or finding the composer's email address, for to ask them? And welcome to the forums! 8-)

I already spoke to the composer, it's been 20 years since the tracks were made so it's not really something they remember in great detail.

All they are certain on is that the synths come from the Reason Factory Sound Bank of Reason 2.0, but I feel they must be edited patches. I need someone to help recreate these patches, do you know anyone who would be willing to help? I would do it myself but I'm not super knowledgeable about the Subtractor & Malstrom. Thanks!

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:55 am

Mr. FO1 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

I already spoke to the composer, it's been 20 years since the tracks were made so it's not really something they remember in great detail.

All they are certain on is that the synths come from the Reason Factory Sound Bank of Reason 2.0, but I feel they must be edited patches. I need someone to help recreate these patches, do you know anyone who would be willing to help? I would do it myself but I'm not super knowledgeable about the Subtractor & Malstrom. Thanks!
I might give it a try to recreate them, but I'm a bit busy atm. But you might want to ask some help regarding this over the FB Sound-Designers group for now, at least though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/263302690729047

Cheers!

United States of America
Mr. FO1

Post by Mr. FO1 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:06 am

Heigen5 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:55 am
Mr. FO1 wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:11 pm
Heigen5 wrote:

I might give it a try to recreate them, but I'm a bit busy atm. But you might want to ask some help regarding this over the FB Sound-Designers group for now, at least though: https://www.facebook.com/groups/263302690729047

Cheers!
Thanks for letting me know of that group, I've joined and posted about it with a pending comment. If you do try to recreate them that would be great when you have time, thank you!