Vienna calling

New to the forums? Introduce yourself here.
Austria
Deerstetmusic

Vienna calling

Post by Deerstetmusic » Wed May 01, 2019 5:58 pm

Hello from Austria, im Derek .
Only a bit over 2 months ago i got the chance to try out Reason 10 and instantly fell comfortable with this great DAW. So i bought it and since than, use it for all my sample based productions. The workflow is easy and very intuitive . Looking forward to interact in this Forum . Derek #Deerstet-Music Productions .

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Re: Vienna calling

Post by Heigen5 » Wed May 01, 2019 7:32 pm

Howdy, and welcome to the board Derek!

Yeah, Reason is the coolest kid in the DAW world, and it keeps getting better. So you mostly do sample-based productions? Sounds like you have lots of fun with it. One thing is that - samples are adding a cool flavor to the songs, as they are audio and oftenly sound more finished than midi-based ones. Depends on the samples too, but yeah, samples can really add some attitude to the music more than using midi and instruments. Looking forward to your participation. :hello: :thumbup2:

Austria
Deerstetmusic

Post by Deerstetmusic » Wed May 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Hello and thanks for the welcome 😀.. Honestly, i never worked with samples before. Only after Native Instruments invited me to their betatest team last year, i started to work with samples . Reason is now my second go at sample based productions. So far i made mostly trailers and themes for movies and docus aswell as meditational music and orchestral work . Either wih real musicians or with libraries .

United States of America
weforgot...

Post by weforgot... » Thu May 02, 2019 8:54 am

Sounds like you have some great projects going. I love reason! You can do some great stuff with Rex sample files. I made a video in February showing how to make a sample library in Reason. I started the link at the making a rex file from an audio file section. Maybe I'll make some new videos this month I'm Scott (artist name - We Forgot...)

Austria
Deerstetmusic

Post by Deerstetmusic » Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi Scott , nice to meet you . Yes indeed, im quite busy producing . I even am about to upgrade the hardware from Maschine Jam and Studio with Traktor . Usually i work with Samplitude and Sequoia, but as soon as Samples are involved Reason and Maschine SW is the best choice for me . Thats a great Video , i need to try out how Rex files can improve my workflow. For DJ stuff i mostly use Stems . Here is one of my latest Productions , solely made in Reason .

United States of America
weforgot...

Post by weforgot... » Mon May 06, 2019 8:10 am

That's awesome, thanks for sharing! I love operatic stuff and trippy vocals. I was bad about coming back to respond to comments I left. I've been messing a bit in Ableton recently because it has better midi implementation. Rex Files are sweet!

Austria
Deerstetmusic

Post by Deerstetmusic » Mon May 06, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks for your feedback, really appreciate it .. Here is a link to a remix i made for my new mixcloud account with similar productions ;) .. I tried Ableton Live for quite a while but never really felt comfortable with it, even though it is better for midi, and is able to route midi internally, which Reason so far is sadly not able to .