anyone care to listen and give me some notes?

Post your music here. Give or Receive some feedback.
5-STARS rating possibility.
Rate this topic
United States of America
ShuperPowersh

anyone care to listen and give me some notes?

Post by ShuperPowersh » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Whats up everyone,

So Ive been trying to Teach myself how to mix better. I wrote this song which only took me a night for the instrumentation, But this mix struggle has been never ending. I Finally cracked and starting watching some videos and I think some of it might be sinking in a little but at this point I think Im getting ear fatigue and dont trust my ears.. l was hoping a few of you with better ears than mine might be able to take a listen and tell me if Im headed in the right direction...

Maybe a couple tips?

This was made using reason 9.5, and my first tie trying to apply gain staging and parallel processing.. Everything used was stock with the exception of cableguys pancake on a few devices.

Any and all tips, positive reinforcement, and constructive criticism is welcome.

Thanks

unfinished rough mix of Static Sun By Daniel B Bump

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Re: anyone care to listen and give me some notes?

Post by Mihail Kosev » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:35 am

I think you were did it well. For me - the mix is good.

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:03 am

Hello ShuperPowersh and welcome to the forums!

I listened to your track, - it's not that bad really. I would pan different kind of drum sounds you used all over the stereo image to not making it sounding so busy at the center. For my taste it might also need a bit EQ cut on the highs a bit. But otherwise it sounds great IMO. Is this style triphop? Anyway, made me think of Japan somehow. :dancer:

So how long you've been making music with Reason? :)

United States of America
ShuperPowersh

Post by ShuperPowersh » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:25 am

Hey Thanks Guys!
Your feedback is really encouraging! I was really anxious on whether not I was going end up embarrassed. First song Ive shared publicly..
Ive been making music in reason off and on for a few years, not counting the time in between. I started with v3.5 way back in the day but took a long hiatus from electronic music to make post rock. I started from scratch again w v.9.5. It wasnt until recently that Ive been focused on actually making something sound good.

I dont really think its what most people would call trip-hop. I kinda just started adding random tags to maybe help at getting broader exposure when I finally make it public.. But Im not really sure what to call it.. its kinda synthwave, Kinda chiptune.. idk im open to suggestion on what to call it.

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:50 am

You don't really have to call it anything special. Music is music after all. I like this piece, not bad mixing wise on my headphones. Nice mix of styles. Half tempo beat but kind of trancey with the synths. I like the chiptuneish lead synths. Maybe a bit much going on at the same time tonally. Anyways, welcome to the forums.

Rate this topic