What video software you prefer?

A place for a visual bling-bling
User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

What video software you prefer?

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:01 pm

NCH Videopad here. I tried out lots of the video editing softwares and purchased this: https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html

It's not the biggest one out there, but it does almost everything I need.
It's very simple to use and does most tasks one needs. I like how logical it is to use too.
The big ones I also tried were a bit too much and also not as cheap.

Sure, if I'd become a video professional, I'd get something else, but for my needs this is more than enough.

What do you use for your video needs and why? 8-)

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Re: What video software you prefer?

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Camtasia. Does exactly what it should... although ASIO linking can be a PITA, but doable via Voicemeeter aggregate soundcard panel for Windows

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:45 am

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm
Camtasia. Does exactly what it should... although ASIO linking can be a PITA, but doable via Voicemeeter aggregate soundcard panel for Windows
One thing I'd like and might want to buy is some kind of a video-effect program, i.e. applies an effect on a raw video, anyone knows any?

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Yes - Resolume is pretty powerful, full on VJ software. Can add effects to multilayered video 'channels'. Made a few nightclub video sequences with it over the years. Make sure you have a good stable system with a decent GFX card and plenty of hard drive space

User avatar Finland
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:15 pm

LABONERECORDINGS wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:06 pm
Yes - Resolume is pretty powerful, full on VJ software. Can add effects to multilayered video 'channels'. Made a few nightclub video sequences with it over the years. Make sure you have a good stable system with a decent GFX card and plenty of hard drive space
I think I tried installing Resolume, but it didn't work by telling me, that I need a better graphic card, if I remember correctly. :cussing:

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:23 pm

My graphics card is also not the best, though it would be really fun to try out video editing. I shot a music video with my 5DmkII, but I just sent the raw files over to someone else for editing and adding effects (I think I might have linked the video in some thread here on the boards EDIT: https://youtu.be/QJ4zuQTll7Y). Would be nice to be able to edit the material myself.

Great Britain
LABONERECORDINGS

Post by LABONERECORDINGS » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 am

Yeah Resolume works fine with NVIDIA 650Ti at the very least, but better cards would be advised. Haven't tried on laptop yet (got ASUS killer gaming lappy perfect for 3d / audio work)

India
karanprakash

Post by karanprakash » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 am

I have been using a free software called YouTube2Video. YouTube2video allows users to convert YouTube video to mp4 online

It provides you with the best sound quality and lightning-fast downloading speed. YouTube2Video is the fastest and safest site that allows its users to convert YouTube videos to MP4 files.

Christmas Island
Mr. Marty

Post by Mr. Marty » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:02 pm

I started out with Windows Movie Maker, or whatever it was called. I bought Cyber Links Power Director (is actually MS Movie Maker) but it has audio quality issues with its updates. Seems they did not understand the importance of clear audio. I dropped that for the free version of Davinci's Resolve. Nice bit of software. A steep learning curve (hint: pay attention to the software configuration menus) and it is extremely taxing on the graphics. But it works for my needs, and works very well. But, I am only loading and fading between still photographs. Just have the photos in the proper resolution first. It also has its own audio mixing section but it is more for mastering the audio into the video.

It is a very large and robust package for free. :thumbsup: