Meanwhile...
User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Trying to stop smoking tobacco

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 am

tobacco.jpg
tobacco.jpg (65.57 KiB) Viewed 725 times
Meanwhile the planet earth whirls around and stuff, it's me trying to stop smoking tobacco.
My first goal is to be without smoking for 7 days. And if it gets hard for me to be without, I'll type how I feel here in this thread.
I have 5 packages of Pal Mal Blue in the closet. I have to not touch them for 7 days.
And I was thinking, that what to do when I badly want to smoke and thought that every time I'll be thinking about money.
I'm ready for the challenge! The less I think about it the better.

Anyway, I'd save about 150€ a month and that's pretty good carrot for a rabbit.
But hey, I'm trying tp prove myself that I have a free will.

Go! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :grin: :lol:

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Re: Trying to stop smoking tobacco

Post by Mihail Kosev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am

I was smoking 2 boxes cigarettes per day. From 15 years I smoke only 2-3 cigarettes per year.

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:29 am

Mihail Kosev wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am
I was smoking 2 boxes cigarettes per day. From 15 years I smoke only 2-3 cigarettes per year.
That's awesome bro! Congrats!

I've been a heavy-smoker for years but now want to quit. The first day so far seems promising. :P

User avatar Bulgaria
Mihail Kosev

Post by Mihail Kosev » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am

Use medicines. I used one. Before that, I tried many methods (including electronic cigarettes).
Last edited by Mihail Kosev on Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Mihail Kosev wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:02 am
Use medicines. I used one. Before that, I tried many methods (include electronic cigarettes).
I just smoked one, after 8 and half hours without.
But then again, I should keep aiming to smoke as little as I can.
I have Nicorette chewing gum, never tried anything else.
My need to smoke sometimes seems to rely on my need to dump down my mind, with tobacco.
Sorry, not still strong enough to 100% quit yet. :|

Sweden
Hennesmann

Post by Hennesmann » Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am

Mate, its all about conviction.
My best tip for you is to get a date or a condition for when you are going to quit. And when you quit is going to be you becomming a non smoker.
Take your time, build the feeling of yourself as a non smoker in your mind and start yearn for it.
When you finally are ready and have decided to quit, then the act of quitting will be easier than ever.

But you really need conviction. This is what i did. I havent touched a cigarette since when i quit. I even forgot when it was, because its irrelevant to me now. Think it was 10 or so years ago.

But honestly. Take your time quitting and quit for real.

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:46 am

Hennesmann wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:35 am
Mate, its all about conviction.
My best tip for you is to get a date or a condition for when you are going to quit. And when you quit is going to be you becomming a non smoker.
Take your time, build the feeling of yourself as a non smoker in your mind and start yearn for it.
When you finally are ready and have decided to quit, then the act of quitting will be easier than ever.

But you really need conviction. This is what i did. I havent touched a cigarette since when i quit. I even forgot when it was, because its irrelevant to me now. Think it was 10 or so years ago.

But honestly. Take your time quitting and quit for real.
Thanks for your advice, yeah, well, it really would have it's benefits if I'd quit, i.e. saving about 150Euros a month and getting a better health. I really wouldn't want to get hospitalised. :P :?

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Keep at it bruv, I wish you luck. I'm trying to quit snus, it's damn hard too. I can't afford it, and I don't get much out of it, so it's really just pointless. Been cutting down lately though. The problem with snus is that you can have one wherever you are and almost while you do whatever. Makes it extra tricky.

User avatar Estonia
Heigen5
Site Admin

Post by Heigen5 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:56 pm

Paralytik wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:32 pm
Keep at it bruv, I wish you luck. I'm trying to quit snus, it's damn hard too. I can't afford it, and I don't get much out of it, so it's really just pointless. Been cutting down lately though. The problem with snus is that you can have one wherever you are and almost while you do whatever. Makes it extra tricky.
I still smoke like hell bruv.. And quess what, it seems like it won't be changing for me at this point. I think one should not starting to pretend and fool himself at least. You either smoke or quit, but all the pretending makes more harm than smoking itself.
I think my train already went for quitting tobacco.. :popcorn:

Are you still alive by the way - or just busy? :)

User avatar Norway
Paralytik

Post by Paralytik » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Sorry for the way late reply. I'm alive, but lots of things are changing in my life right now. Gonna move to a new apartment in a couple of weeks and that has brought some stress (mostly about money). Also I've gotten a part time job at a warehouse, just trying to get through the days really. Today I went home early due to being super tired because of bad sleep yesterday. I've started feeling more depressed again which is not very nice (I'm bipolar type 2). I just hope I can manage to keep this job without feeling like shit.